2. All transactions between SEGWAY BRUGGE and the customer shall be subject to these General Conditions. By making a booking, the customer acknowledges to have read the content of these conditions, and to understand and accept them. These conditions shall lawfully prevail over any of the customer’s purchase or other conditions, even if these stipulate that they are the only conditions that apply. Any nullification of one or more provisos from these general conditions shall not prejudice the applicability of the other clauses. Segway Brugge shall retain the right to amend the provisions of these General Conditions.
3. Any of Segway Brugge's offers or price lists shall be indicative and entirely free of engagement at all times. A quote created for a specific customer has a validity of thirty (30) calendar days, unless otherwise indicated on the quote. A quote shall only apply to a specific assignment and shall not, therefore, automatically apply to any subsequent assignments.
4. A booking made by a customer shall not take effect until a booking fee that equals 100% of the specified rent per piece of equipment (hereinafter the “the booking fee”) has been paid to Segway Brugge. Upon receipt of the booking fee by Segway Brugge, the customer shall receive a booking voucher. The latter will not form a lease, but merely a report of the application of rental services by the customer and a receipt for the amount paid by the customer. The booking fee shall be reduced from the final settlement or any other amounts payable to Segway Brugge when the final payment is made. The booking voucher does not, however, form an agreement between the customer and Segway Brugge which requires the latter to provide rental services. A final lease shall not be drawn up until the customer has handed his booking voucher to Segway Brugge. Any changes or additions to this lease shall be valid upon the written agreement of both parties only. When an agreement is drawn up, it will stipulate the customer’s rights and responsibilities, and the party signing this agreement shall be held severally liable for all obligations pursuant to the agreement.
5. Cancellation or amendment of the booking by the customer can only be done in writing (by letter, fax or e-mail). As a result of cancellation or amendment to the booking, Segway Brugge shall be entitled to charge the following amounts, unless expressly agreed otherwise:
a) in the event of cancellation/amendment more than 6 weeks prior to the time when Segway Brugge's rental services were due to commence, 10% of the specified rental fee for each of the cancelled pieces of equipment;
b) in the event of cancellation/amendment between 6 and 4 weeks prior, 20 % of the specified rental fee for each of the cancelled pieces of equipment;
c) in the event of cancellation/ amendment between 4 and 2 weeks prior, 40 % of the specified rental fee for each of the cancelled pieces of equipment;
d) in the event of cancellation/amendment between 2 weeks and 7 days weeks prior, 60 % of the specified rental fee for each of the cancelled pieces of equipment;
e) in the event of cancellation/amendment between 7 and 3 days weeks prior, 90 % of the specified rental fee for each of the cancelled pieces of equipment;
f) in the event of cancellation/amendment less than three days weeks prior, 100% of the specified rental fee for each of the cancelled pieces of equipment.
In the event of force majeure, Segway Brugge may waive the obligations ‘vis-à-vis’ the customer. Force majeure shall be any circumstance outside of Segway Brugge will, as a result of which Segway Brugge is prevented, either wholly or in part, from observing its obligations ‘vis-à-vis’ the other party. Such circumstances shall include strikes, fires, exceptional weather conditions such as snow/rain/hail/wind and other operational disruptions, as well as the untimely delivery, or absence thereof, by suppliers or other third parties involved. In the event of force majeure that prevents the booked activity from taking place, Segway Brugge shall immediately refund the paid booking fee.
6. The customer acknowledges to have received rented pieces of equipment in a good state of repair without any visible defects. The customer commits to returning the piece of equipment in the same state of repair, barring any normal wear and tear, by the date and at the place specified in the agreement, unless the customer has applied for an extension of the lease period and this extension has been granted.
7. The customer shall commit to using the pieces of equipment with the care of a prudent man, in accordance with their intended use and all the prevailing lawful obligations, government regulations and manufacturer instructions. The customer shall be liable for any fines, taxes or reimbursements as a result of infringements in the broadest sense of the word to the body establishing or issuing the same. In addition, Segway Brugge shall charge the customer an administrative fee of EUR 30 per fine, tax or reimbursement incurred. The customer shall also commit to taking any useful measures to prevent the incorrect, unlawful or non-contractual use of the piece of equipment either by the customer himself or by third parties (by, inter alia, locking the piece of equipment away at night). It is prohibited to sub-let the pieces of equipment, or transport them abroad for that matter, without Segway Brugge's written agreement. The customer shall report any defects or deficiencies to the pieces of equipment to Segway Brugge without delay. If it transpires that the piece of equipment needs to be repaired while underway, then this should be entrusted to Segway Brugge. If this proves impossible, then the customer shall entrust any repair activities to a third party, but not until it has received Moment’s written agreement. Any repair activity carried out without Segway Brugge's express agreement shall be exclusively at the expense of the customer, except for any urgent interventions that protect the piece of equipment in the case of fire, for example.
8. Each driver of a vehicle must have undergone brief driving proficiency training. Segway Brugge retains the right to refuse to hand over a piece of equipment to a driver who is incapable of carrying the responsibility of a piece of equipment entrusted to them, without owing to the customer any form of damages. The above also applies when a driver is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, medication or any other substances that prejudice normal levels of consciousness or reaction powers. By accepting the piece of equipment following driving proficiency training, the driver shall declare to be sufficiently capable of operating the piece of equipment and to have understood the issued instructions/initiation. Segway Brugge retains the right to reclaim a piece of equipment at any time and without prior warning should the customer infringe on any provision of the agreement.
9. Any damage incurred to the pieces of equipment during the lease period, irrespective of the cause or circumstances, shall be at the customer’s expense. Segway Brugge cannot under any circumstances be made liable for the damage, except when this is the result of intent or gross neglect on the part of Segway Brugge. Segway Brugge shall never be liable for indirect damage, including consequential loss, for example. The customer shall safeguard Segway Brugge against third-party claims on the basis of damage incurred during the lease period by third parties as a result of the customer using the piece of equipment.
10. Unless otherwise stipulated, all invoices issued by Segway Brugge shall be immediately payable in cash by the specified due date. Every invoice that has not been paid by the due date shall be increased lawfully and without prior notice by a fixed penalty that equals 15% of the total invoice amount, with a minimum of EUR 50. Moreover, every invoice that has not been settled by the due date shall lawfully and without any prior notice incur a delay interest of 1% per month, until such time as the total amount has been paid, without prejudice to the payment of the above-mentioned penalty to Segway Brugge.
11. Segway Brugge may include personal data issued by the customer in an automated database. This data will be used with a view to conducting information or promotional campaigns in connection with services and/or products provided by Segway Brugge in the framework of the contractual relationship between the customer and Segway Brugge. The customer may ask for their details to be communicated and improved at all times and free of charge. If the customer no longer wishes to receive commercial information from Segway Brugge, the customer shall be required to inform Segway Brugge thereof.
12. Any disputes arising from these general conditions or any other agreement concluded between Segway Brugge and the customer shall be settled by the courts of the Bruges district only. Belgian legislation shall apply.
When the steering column is pushing against you, this means the speed limiter has been activated. Inform the tour supervisor and slowly brake by gently leaning backwards, so there will be more space between you and the steering column.
The Segway has two different ways of showing you something’s wrong :
The steering column starts to tremble or the device starts beeping. Slowly brake in both cases, and inform the supervisor.
The undersigned declares that :
- He/she has read, understood and approved the rules of safety.
- He/she will drive a Segway at his/her own risk.
- He/she is aware of the fact that free helmets are available in the shop.
- He/she will follow the instructions of the guide, and will be capable of driving the Segway safely.
- He/she agrees that Segway Brugge City Tours isn’t, in any form whatsoever, liable for damage that may be caused during the guided city tour.
- He/she agrees that the equipment at all times remains the exclusive property of Segway Brugge. The renter is responsible for damage or loss of the equipment.
- The undersigned declares to be fully liable for any damage or injury to third parties during the rental period of the device. Despite the fact that the driver of the device is insured for this liability by a policy taken out by the organization of Segway Bruges City Tours, the driver will pay a final compensation of EUR 150 to the organization (without this amount exceeding the paid compensation). This amount corresponds to the franchise in the insurance policy taken out by the organization of Segway Brugge City Tours.
Segway devices will only be rented under the guidance of a supervisor, unless agreed otherwise.
By signing this document, you confirm to have read and accepted the General Conditions of Segway Brugge City Tours on the reverse side.
- Until 24 hours before the start of your booked tour, you can reschedule the tour without costs to another time slot – depending of course on availability. If the reservation can’t be rescheduled, we will refund your money taking into account € 25,00 for administration-, reservation- and personnel costs.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before and rescheduling is not possible, we can refund your prepaid fees, less a fixed sum of € 25 for annulation, administration and staff costs;
- We refund the due amount on the same bank account number with which you have made the online payment;
- Annulation can only be done with a written note on firstname.lastname@example.org and is only valid after receiving our confirmation.
Maximum 20 persons can participate at such a tour. If your group is bigger, we can make different groups and make combinations with other activities as horse drawn carriage-tours through Bruges, boat trips on the canals, a visit of a brewery, … Contact us to discover our many options.
Basically, children over 12 and weighing minimum 35 kg, can participate at Segway Tours. Children younger than 16 must wear a helmet. No matter what age they have, children should be mature enough to handle a Segway as they will drive on public roads where one is exposed to the ‘daily’ problems and risks as traffic, crowded streets, noise, several distractions… One should keep in mind that driving a Segway differs a lot from all day cycling!
In order to handle a Segway safely, one should weigh between minimum 35 kg and maximum 110 kg.
It is compulsory for every Segway user to wear a fluorescent safety jacket. We can provide you with one from our Segway-shop at the start of your tour. Wearing a helmet is compulsory only for children under the age of 16. If they are over 16, it’s their own choice whether they want to wear a helmet or not. We also store helmets in our Segway-shop.
There is no obligation to do so but nevertheless, we strongly recommend it. Without a reservation, there is more chance that you will have to join another party – if possible at all. Without having booked in advance, you also risk that we might not be able of getting you a tour at the moment you had in mind. Without reservations in advance, we serve our clients always on a “first come, first served” base.
For groups (starting at 7 people) it is mandatory to book in advance through email: email@example.com or by telephone: + 32 495/ 90 60 60.
No, it is not possible. Segway Bruges can only offer the tours, depending on a permission granted by the Bruges’ town council. One of the conditions stipulates that it is compulsory that every client has to tour accompanied by an accredited guide. Hence, it is not possible of touring by Segway on your own and without a guide.